Most Americans don’t know the truth. The government keeps it from them. The crisis at the U.S. southern border couldn’t be any worse. The statistics are in, and you’re going to be shocked and sickened. Sitting down?
The Department of Homeland Security released numbers two Fridays back hoping no one would notice, but many of us patriots did.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) tried to cloak the real border evidence behind the benign title, “CBP Releases September 2022 Monthly Operational Update.” But look what the contents revealed!
- The number of illegal aliens encountered nationwide in September 2022 alone was 182,704, a 15% increase over the prior month. Fiscal year 2022 (FY 22) migrant encounters totaled so far: 2,378,944, the highest year ever recorded, including 6,000 got-aways.
- There have also been 98 arrests of people on the FBI’s Terror Watchlist in FY 22, which quadrupled the 26 arrests in five previous years combined (FY 17-21).
- Encounters of unaccompanied children increased 5%, with 11,900 encounters in September alone, compared with 11,341 in August. In September, the average number of unaccompanied children in CBP custody was 485 per day, compared with an average of 422 per day in August. [Where are their parents?! Do Democrats know they are enabling over 400 parent-less kids to risk life and limb by cartels crossing the border?]
- In September 2022, CBP targeted 491 entries valued at more than $158.6 million for suspected use of forced labor in the production of imported goods.
- CBP reported that intellectual property rights violations continue to put America’s innovation economy at risk. Trade in counterfeit and pirated goods threaten the competitiveness of U.S. businesses, the livelihoods of American workers, and the health and safety of consumers. In September 2022, CBP seized nearly 1,623 shipments that contained counterfeit goods valued at more than $205 million.
- Regarding illegal drugs, in September 2022 alone, methamphetamine seizure increased 43%, heroin seizures increased 73%. (I will discuss Fentanyl smuggling below.)
The Biden administration’s open-border policies have allowed a total of roughly 5,500,000 illegals to cross over into the United States, which is the equivalent number of people in entire countries like Ireland, New Zealand and Costa Rica. But consider below what else they are bringing with them.
National Review contributing editor Deroy Murdock, whose parents were born in Costa Rica and is a first-generation native of Los Angeles and now resident of New York City, gathered the most-current statistics of the border crisis that every voting American needs to know.
Murdock reported, “Border Patrol agents apprehended 951,568 illegal aliens during President Donald J. Trump‘s final 19 months in office (July 1, 2019, through Jan. 31, 2021 – including Biden’s first 11 days). In Biden’s first full 19 months as president (Feb. 1, 2021, through Aug. 31, 2022), Border Patrol encountered a staggering 3,588,877 illegals – up a sickening 377 percent.”
As a result, Murdock added, “The U.S. Department of Homeland Security reports that the Mexican cartels’ income from smuggling illegal aliens into America has soared from $500 million in 2018 to $13 billion this year – up 2,500 percent!”
And Mexican cartels are not just making billions of dollars from trafficking adult migrants seeking asylum but those running from criminal records and seeking new victims to prey upon. And worst of all, they are making a lot of their money from trafficking, exploiting and victimizing children.
Murdock presented the tragic evidence: “Twelve U.S. senators contacted the U.S. Marshals Service about crooks cascading across the border. According to their Aug. 30 letter, ‘So far in FY22, CBP has apprehended over 9,000 criminal aliens, including 53 for homicide or manslaughter, 283 for sex crimes, and almost 900 for assault, battery, and domestic violence.'”
The Texas Public Policy Foundation reported, “In fiscal year 2021, there were nearly 2 million migrant apprehensions along the U.S.-Mexico border, and that number only accounts for the people encountered by border agents. More than 400,000 more migrants eluded apprehension and are counted among the ‘got-aways.’ Last year also met another unfortunate record – 147,000 unaccompanied migrant children entered into the U.S., 122,000 were taken into the U.S. custody, the previous record being 69,000.”
Roughly 266,000 unaccompanied children have crossed the border into the U.S. since Biden started living in the White House. Fox News correspondent Bill Melugin explained via Twitter on Sept. 26: “That’s enough to fill up approximately three Rose Bowls.”
What’s absolutely alarming and appalling is the skyrocketing increase in sex trafficking across the U.S. southern border.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation reported, “In the U.S., immigrants, especially immigrant women, make up the largest portion of trafficking victims. The Department of State estimates than in 2016, 57,700 victims had been trafficked into the U.S. annually. The true number is likely much larger and impossible to determine. … Studies done by the Latin American branch of the Coalition Against Trafficking In Women estimates that 60% of Latin American children who set out to cross the border alone or with smugglers have been caught by the cartels and are being abused in child pornography or drug trafficking.”
Do the math: upwards of 60% of 266,000 unaccompanied children being victimized by cartels under the Biden administration. Even if only 10% of the children were abducted and victimized, how heinous would that be? How can anyone be for open borders when they entice such monstrous treatment of innocent children?!
Deroy Murdock continued his summary of the most recent immigrant statistics: “Under Biden, Border Patrol apprehended 15 [terrorists] in FY 2021 and a terrifying 78 [terrorists] in FY 2022, through Aug. 31; September’s figures will follow. How many terrorists got away? Who knows?”
I’ve already discussed the gargantuan increases in heroin and meth crossing the border, but what about fentanyl?
Murdock again reported, “Fentanyl killed some 71,000 Americans in 2021, up 23 percent versus 2020. For those aged 18 to 45, fentanyl leads COVID-19, car wrecks, suicides and every other cause of death.
“Under Trump, Border Patrol’s fentanyl seizures for FY 2019 and 20 (through Aug. 31) totaled 7,595 pounds. Under Biden’s equivalent dates in FY 21 and 22: 24,062 pounds – up 217 percent.
“Fentanyl is 100 times stronger than morphine. Two milligrams in one pill can kill. The 12 tons of fentanyl that have gushed into America during Biden’s tenure equal 5.46 billion fatal doses – enough to kill the entire U.S. population of 333.2 million people 16.4 times.”
It’s a fact: rates of fentanyl fatalities have doubled among U.S. teens alone, and easily-accessed laced pills manufactured in Mexico and purchased on social media are to blame.
You’d think with fentanyl’s lethal potency and the astronomical rise in numbers of overdoses, the feds would pull out every stop to arrest its proliferation at our border, but they do the contrary. The truth and crying shame is that the feds are aiding and abetting the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans from this synthetic opioid by opening the floodgates for its import as well as for terrorists and other criminals entrance into the U.S.
That is why I completely agree with what a great Texas friend of mine says about our concern for U.S. boundaries: “If the borders don’t matter, Americans don’t matter.” And I would add, neither do those on the other side of our borders. Because what’s further ludicrous about the completely-do-nothing-open-border policy of the Biden administration is that it is literally killing hundreds of migrants trying to get into the U.S.
The office of the Texas governor, Greg Abbott, reported last week: “DPS Lt. Chris Olivarez joined National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd in a discussion with Fox News about the record number of migrant deaths at the southern border. Despite President Biden claiming his open border policies are humane, a record 856 migrant deaths were reported in fiscal year 2022 – more than double the record previous to his administration and outpacing the record set in fiscal year 2021.
“[The federal government] has failed to acknowledge the fact that we have a border crisis and has failed to acknowledge that not only Americans are dying [from fentanyl] but also migrants,” said Lt. Olivarez. ‘Everything we have been doing since last year with Operation Lone Star has been state funded, and we have not received any support or funding from the federal government. They need to acknowledge we have a crisis at our southern border, because it’s unacceptable.”
It’s no surprise that Murdock summarized the problem and source of the U.S. border crisis in this way: “Democrats are napping peacefully through the U.S.-Mexico ‘border’ crisis that they engineered.”
That is why I emphatically state that there is only one ultimate solution to fix our border crisis: Get the liberal Democrats out of office across the country as soon as possible. And, in just one week, the midterm elections allow us that opportunity to roundhouse kick them out the door!
Let me re-list my “Chuck Norris-Approved candidates” who are strong advocates for securing U.S. borders:
- I endorse Hung Cao, a retired Navy captain who served in Special Operations for 25 years, as the choice for U.S. Congress to represent Virginia’s 10th Congressional District.
- I also endorse our local Texas congressman, Tan Parker, who is running for Texas Senate and is an exceptional leader for the Lone Star State.
- Herschel Walker has proven his patriotic grit and love for the stars and stripes to be the “Chuck Norris Approved” U.S. Senate candidate for Georgia.
- I also believe Dr. Mehmet Oz, who’s also running for U.S. Senate, is the clear choice for Pennsylvania’s future.
- Please elect Don Bolduc, a retired Army general, for a pro-New Hampshire and pro-American U.S. senator.
- In Wisconsin, Ron Johnson is the most excellent choice for the U.S. Senate
- Ohio U.S. Senate candidate JD Vance is superior to his opponent in every way.
- Ted Budd is the clear patriotic choice for North Carolina’s U.S. senator.
- Marco Rubio is a tried-and-true conservative and the best choice for Floridians’ U.S. senator.
- If elected to the U.S. Senate for Colorado, Joe O’Dea will cut federal bureaucracy, beef up the U.S.-Mexico border, tackle crime, and “restore energy dominance in the United States.”
- Nevadans will have a great fighter in the U.S. Senate if they elect Adam Laxalt, a former state attorney general whose grandfather Paul Laxalt served as Nevada’s governor and senator.
- Blake Masters, U.S. Senate candidate for Arizona, has far better leadership credentials and skills than his political opponent to help all Arizonians.
- I implore residents in the state of Washington to elect nurse, military wife, veterans-rights advocate and patriot Tiffany Smiley to the U.S. Senate.
- For governors, I endorse Kari Lake, who is running in Arizona and clearly the superior candidate for those in that southwest border state.
- Brian Dahle is definitely the right man for the job as California’s governor, and the only one who can stop Gavin Newsom’s reign of terror and economic ruin, and reverse the mass exodus of people leaving the Golden State. I also really like Kevin Kiley, who is running as California’s U.S. Congressman District 3.
- Ohio’s Gov. Mike DeWine and Iowa’s Gov. Kim Reynolds are head and tail above their rivals.
- It goes without saying what an incredible job Gov. Ron DeSantis is doing in Florida. He is the complete definition of a level 5 leader, and should be reelected without hesitation. He also would make an exceptional presidential candidate, whether now or in the future.
- And please save the South and keep it red by reelecting Brian Kemp as governor for Georgia and Greg Abbott as Texas governor.
- There are many other great conservative leaders running for office all across the country. That is why I encourage everyone to go to the great website, https://ivoterguide.com, to help you discern who are the constitutionally-conservative candidates in your area that will honor and uphold America’s founding documents. All you have to do is type in your street address on the front page of the website, and it will scroll up all the local candidates in your region, in addition to providing a literal gauge to inform you if they are conservative or liberal.
Friends, this is a do-or-die midterm election. Please share this column on your social media and encourage everyone you know to get out to vote, by mail or in person, this upcoming election Nov. 8.
As you go to the ballot box, please remember the words and wisdom of America’s founder Samuel Adams, “Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual – or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.”
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
SUPPORT TRUTHFUL JOURNALISM. MAKE A DONATION TO THE NONPROFIT WND NEWS CENTER. THANK YOU!
This article was originally published by the WND News Center.