As events in today’s world continue to spiral out of control, some are re-examining a cryptic phrase from Jesus about the end times and His return to Earth.
The phrase is found in the 24th chapter of the Gospel of Matthew, in which the Son of God was answering questions about the sign of His coming and “the end of the world.”
The Messiah famously said: “And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened” (Matthew 24:22 NKJV).
But what does the phrase “no flesh would be saved” actually mean?
“There’s actually more than one meaning to this statement,” says Joe Kovacs, best-selling author of the new book, “Reaching God Speed: Unlocking the Secret Broadcast Revealing the Mystery of Everything.”
“There is both a physical meaning, which millions of people already understand; but there’s also an additional meaning on the Spirit or parable level, of which many may be unaware.”
The author says on the physical level, the events immediately prior to the return of Jesus will put the very existence of humanity on the brink of total destruction.
“This verse has been understood by many to indicate that no physical person would survive the horrific end-time events unless the time is shortened and Jesus comes back to intervene.”
“No flesh being saved can literally mean that no physical human being will survive the catastrophes encompassing the entire planet, which could be from a variety of causes, such as biological pathogens, nuclear warfare or starvation,” Kovacs explains.
“Some newer Bibles such as the New Living Translation and New International Version even render the verse that way, stating: “In fact, unless that time of calamity is shortened, not a single person will survive” (Matthew 24:22 NLT).
“But beyond the obvious physical explanation, there’s an additional meaning that can be understood when we employ God’s Spirit and think on that higher level.”
The author, known for his “Shocked by the Bible” series, says the word ‘save‘ used in that Scripture is the Greek word ‘sōzō,’ and it means to save spiritually, beyond just a physical rescue.
“It’s the precise word the Bible uses when it talks about our ultimate saving, as in this example: ‘You are to name him Jesus, because he will SAVE his people from their sins‘” (Matthew 1:21 CSB).
“Thus, on the spirit level, when Jesus says in Matthew that no flesh would be saved unless the days are cut short and He intervenes, it’s because the minds of people in the flesh will have become so far away from God spiritually that they could not be saved in the spiritual sense.
“They will have become so disobedient, rebellious, wickedly sinful, or even unknowing of the plan of God through deception, they would remain in their dying physical state and never escape the flesh and receive the phenomenal gift of everlasting spirit life, dwelling in the very presence of Almighty God.
“This is the reason the time has to be cut short. For the sake of the elect, those few believers who remain on Earth at that time, God will return to save His faithful ones, instantly transforming their mortal bodies from flesh to immortal spirit in the blink of an eye. As the apostle Paul says, ‘our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies’ (1 Corinthians 15:52–53 NLT).
“So the good news amid all the bad news is that people will be saved from their own destructive behavior, as God will cut those horrific days short and save us from ourselves, putting an end to the wicked ways of the world.”
(Note: ‘Reaching God Speed’ is now an audiobook! Also, due to extraordinary demand, Amazon has temporarily sold out of hardcover editions of this book, but paperbacks are still available. Meanwhile, hardcover versions may still be available through other booksellers, including Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, and ConservativeReaders.)
Endorsed by Chuck Norris and other Christian champions, “Reaching God Speed” is nothing short of a breakthrough work, as it probes God’s hidden messages embedded in popular movies, hit songs from (Adele and the Beatles to Frank Sinatra and Led Zeppelin), the stories we tell our children, everyday phrases we all say, historic news events, famous commercial campaigns, nature itself, and typical life activities such as such as inhaling every breath you take, sleeping, waking up and many more.
It features a myriad of stunning biblical revelations, as the book:
- Solves with clarity three of the greatest mysteries in Scripture, unveiling the surprisingly simple meaning of “the beast,” “the number of the beast” and “the mark of the beast”
- Easily explains how God embeds hidden messages forecasting the future in the physical, historical events recorded in Scripture
- Examines the miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding, revealing why this famous event took place “on the third day,” why water was poured into six large containers, and why its instant transformation into the most perfect wine has a sublime meaning that goes far beyond what anyone has ever discussed
- Unwraps the secret messages concerning the human birth of God, including the spirit significance of Jesus in a manger, the real reason the shepherds “returned,” and the never-trumpeted, majestic picture the entire story depicts for your own glorious future
- Unmasks the miracle of the blind man healed by washing mud off his eyes. Clue: There’s something intriguing about the mud that becomes obvious when we connect the dots in Scripture
- Reveals the incredible reason the Bible constantly mentions “three days” in both the Old and New Testaments. It goes far beyond the time Jesus spent in the heart of the earth.
- Unveils the sublime, additional meanings emanating from “Let there be light” and “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” There’s much more to the beginning than you’ve ever imagined.
- Illuminates the reason the darkness of night will ultimately be eliminated, and only never-ending light will exist
- Broadcasts the never-before-trumpeted meaning of the Exodus out of Egypt. The ancient event in the days of Moses is actually a picture of something tremendous and glorious that’s still to come in your future
- Explains the incredible meaning behind serpents crawling on their bellies
- Dishes the astounding secret behind the Second Passover, and the fantastic future it holds for billions of people
- Investigates the double meaning concerning “Doubting Thomas,” and the stunning good news it contains for everyone who’s ever doubted God or any Bible story
- Announces the unheard, spirit meaning regarding raising children
- Shines the light on why ancient Egyptians were paralyzed with three straight days of darkness, while God’s people in Goshen had light in their dwellings
- Illuminates the surprising and inspiring meaning of a “darkness that can be felt” (Hint: it’s something you can do right this second)
- Explains what Jesus specifically meant by “outer darkness”
- Clearly reveals why the Bible repeatedly mentions pagan peoples such as Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Girgashites, Jebusites and Hivites. It goes far beyond these ancient tribes with tough-to-pronounce names, as it actually refers to certain people alive today with whom you deal every day
- Tells why Scripture so often talks about thorns and thistles. They’re far more than just sharp prickers growing in your garden
- Explores the untold meaning of the conflict between David and Goliath: it has gigantic significance that Sunday-school teachers seem to have missed
- Fishes out astonishing secret messages God has embedded in the famous story of Jonah being swallowed by a great fish. The scales will finally fall off your eyes when you finally see what you’ve been missing. Plus hundreds more …
The book rocketed to the #1 position in several Amazon categories both before and since its official release.
Those wishing to contact or interview Joe Kovacs can email him here.
For 25 years, WND has boldly brought you the news that really matters. If you appreciate our Christian journalists and their uniquely truthful reporting and analysis, please help us by becoming a WND Insider!
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
This article was originally published by the WND News Center.