Let me take you back to 2016.
Although Google attempted to hobble and silence WND and the rest of the independent, right-of-center media starting after the 2016 election, we were just a mild annoyance compared with Google’s ultimate target: Donald Trump, the man who had the audacity to run for president in 2016 – and win.
I knew it because I am a Google watcher. My company’s life depended, like it or not, on companies like Google and Facebook, Amazon and YouTube. You just can’t prosper or even survive on the internet playing field they jury-rigged without their acquiescence, their tolerance.
I saw these companies treat WND with disdain and contempt because of their leftist ideology. I saw them select the radical Southern Poverty Law Center as the semi-official definers of “hate speech.” I saw them stop featuring WND stories and listing them instead on page 12 or 25 or a day late and a dollar short.
Those were, in retrospect, the “good old days.”
Today, we have been permanently demonetized by Google. We’ve been denied the use of Google’s ad server – effectively the only one available or meaningful. Our stories barely show up at all on its search engine.
But I also witnessed and chronicled how Google highlighted the fake news coverage of CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post, Daily Beast and others on the left when it came to all things Trump. I wrote about it. I even sent memos to the president. (Don’t waste your time trying to find such gems through a Google search, by the way.)
Now, however, we have confirmation of how much the Google hierarchy and the Google culture hate Trump – from their own words, from their own videotaped reaction to the 2016 election results.
You saw the video with your own eyes. I’m sure President Trump has seen it, too – at Breitbart and WND.
There, one and all can see the oozing, uncontrollable contempt of Google’s top execs, including its founders, Sergey Brin and Larry Page, not to mention its staff, lamenting the victory of Donald Trump following the 2016 election. Brin kicks off their weekly company meeting by saying the meeting is “probably not the most joyous TGIF we’ve had” and that “most people here are pretty upset and pretty sad.”
Brin describes Trump’s supporters as fascists and extremists and vows to thwart the rise of populism. He adds that he is “deeply offended” by Trump’s victory and that the election result conflicts with many of Google’s values. Google’s CFO, also saddened by Trump’s win, promises that America’s most highly trafficked search engine will “use the great strength and resources and reach we have to continue to advance really important values.” I hope I don’t have to explain to anyone what that means.
It’s an admission of what Google would indeed do starting that day – churn out and give preference to the mostly negative stories about the president and his administration. In fact, a media research study conducted by PJ Media found that 96% of the top 100 search returns on President Trump are from left-wing media outlets. Conservative outlets that would provide voters with a more balanced and positive analysis of the Trump administration are – surprise! – virtually invisible.
But there’s more. An email by another Google executive following the 2016 election reveals a get-out-the-vote effort directed toward Latino voters to benefit Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. Add to it that during the election, Google was accused of burying information from search queries damaging to its candidate of choice, Hillary Clinton.
Let me remind you – and you, Mr. President – that this is illegal. Google, Facebook and Twitter are not “publishers.” They are “carriers” of the news – like utilities. It is not in their lawful purview to editorialize, give favor to certain viewpoints, show bias, take sides. They are legally pledged to be neutral. In return, they receive from the government valuable exemptions from legal liability because of this monopoly status they have been granted under the Communications Decency Act of 1996. I don’t have that protection. The New York Times doesn’t have that protection. The Washington Post doesn’t. CNN doesn’t. WND doesn’t have such protection. But Google and Facebook do.
It can be taken away. It’s a privilege, not a right. They have broken the trust – badly. They have not lived up to their part of the bargain. Will they in the future? If not, the First Amendment will be meaningless.
They have done much more evil since then. But you need to know when it started. It’s gotten much, much worse since then.
Believe me, Google is a much bigger threat to free elections than Russia could ever dream of being. Remember 2020?
Donald Trump must be more serious about solving this problem if he even gets the chance to run again in 2024.
Google and Facebook and Amazon: They are an existential threat to everything for which America stands.
And they have been since 2016.
Will you help us here at WND as we continue to face an existential threat from the Digital Cartel? There are ways every single person reading this can help me and the entire WND team today – even, as I’ll explain below, if you literally don’t have two nickels to put together.
1. First and foremost, if my plea has resonated with you and you feel moved to help, please consider supporting WND and all we do with a donation. We could really use it right now. If you don’t need the tax deduction, you can make contributions directly to WND for as little as $3 and as much as $5,000 at our online store. You can mail us a check if you prefer. Just make it out to “WND” and send it to WND, P.O. Box 100, 580 E Street, Hawthorne, NV 89415-0100.
2. Would you like to make a tax-deductible contribution? You can do so online by supporting the IRS-approved, 501(c)3 nonprofit charity, the WND News Center. Or you can mail us your tax-deductible donation by making your check out to “WND News Center” and mailing it to: WND News Center, P.O. Box 100, 580 E Street, Hawthorne, NV 89415-0100.
3. Even if you cannot afford to make a donation, if you value what we do at WND, we ask you to please sign up for our free WND News Alerts. For you, it means never missing another big story at WND. But for us, it means much more. Those alerts are revenue generators for us. They also represent our best vehicle for notifying you about our new products.
4. Subscribe to Whistleblower, WND’s acclaimed monthly print (and digital) magazine that focuses a 10,000-watt spotlight on one crucial topic in each issue. It’s like getting an in-depth, definitive, special report exploring one of the most important topics of our time, and every issue is a keeper because of the timelessness of the reports. The current issue is one of our most important and popular ever, titled “THE REAL INSURRECTION: Branding normal Americans as ‘terrorists,’ Democrats pursue total revolution.”
5. Become a WND Insider and read WND AD-FREE! By becoming a WND Insider, you will receive some terrific benefits and special discounts – including an ad-free reading experience! Right now, you can get a special 15% discount when you join.
6. And then there’s one last thing you can do: PRAY FOR ME, pray for our whole team! I KNOW IT WORKS!
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for anything you can do.
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
This article was originally published by the WND News Center.