The claims that the 2020 presidential election was the cleanest ever and that there was no inappropriate behavior are challenged in a new report that found Democrats scuttled voter ID rules, flooded mailboxes with ballots and restricted election integrity rules.
“Democrats, including some public officials, used the pandemic as a pretense to achieve long-sought policy goals, such as expanded mail voting and the elimination of key safeguards, specifically for absentee voting, such as witness and ID requirements,” said the report from the RNC’s Committee on Election Integrity.
“The pandemic brought chaos and comprehensive changes to voting processes beginning in the spring primaries and lasting through the post-election process,” it said.
The report was obtained by Paul Bedard and reported in his “Washington Secrets” column for the Washington Examiner.
The RNC report states: “Unsurprisingly, when evaluating the 2020 election, the committee found that the COVID-19 pandemic was the most impactful issue.”
It says that one of the worst examples “is the automatic mailing of ballots to voters who did not request them, including in states such as New Jersey and Nevada that had no tradition of heavy absentee voting and were unprepared to scale up their processes.”
“Another example was how state courts ignored laws enacted by their legislatures such as ballot delivery deadlines. Utilizing emergency powers and the courts, the Democrats attempted, with some success, to tear down these key safeguards that give Americans confidence in our elections.”
State officials simply ignored or overturned state election laws during the 2020 vote, even though the U.S. Constitution requires state lawmakers to make those changes. Further, there was outside influence, with Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook granting some $350 million to mostly left-wing election officials to help them “run” their elections.
And, while Biden won the election with extremely narrow margins in several swing states, a survey after the election confirmed that had the legacy and social media corporations who were advocating for Biden not suppressed reporting about scandals involving him and his son, Hunter, enough voters would have dropped their support for him that Donald Trump would now be in his second term.
Bedard reported the monthslong investigation found that “Democrat-run cities and states used the COVID-19 crisis to change the rules that likely helped Joe Biden’s ascent.”
The RNC report focused on the voting process and the abandonment of state voting laws.
The report found:
- Democratic leaders leveraged the COVID-19 pandemic as an excuse to water down election integrity safeguards by ramming through last-minute changes to the election process.
- Many changes were enacted by courts that disregarded long-standing laws, by Democratic governors who abused their emergency powers, and by officials such as secretaries of state who ignored state laws duly passed by their legislatures.
- Some public officials used the pandemic as a pretense to expand mail voting and eliminate key absentee voting safeguards such as witness and ID requirements. Policies such as automatically mailing ballots to all voters and waiving ballot delivery deadlines also led to chaos and decreased confidence in our elections.
Republicans said a “year-round election integrity operation” is being created that will hire in-state integrity advocates and monitor state and county election processes.
The report’s recommendations, Bedard said, are “common sense but opposed by some Democratic lawmakers who instead are using reforms to paint Republicans as proponents of limiting voting.”
- Clean up their voter rolls.
- Eliminate same-day and automatic voter registration.
- Enact ID requirements for all voting methods, while ensuring officials educate the public on ID requirements and provide free IDs to those few without one.
- Only use voting systems that produce a paper record of a voter’s selections that is reviewable pre-tabulation and auditable post-election.
- Prohibit ballot harvesting.
- Enact uniform and enforceable standards for rejecting and accepting absentee ballots.
- Enhance cybersecurity requirements for voting systems, including that they have no wireless, network, or internet connectivity at any stage of the election process.
- Allow political parties and state legislatures to have standing to bring or intervene in election-related litigation.
- Prohibit the acceptance or the use of any non-governmental, third-party, or private money, grants, or gifts from outside sources to assist in the administration of an election.
The report concluded:
The committee recognizes that Republican voters across the country reasonably demand much from the RNC and look to the national party and its leaders to take the lead in protecting America’s election process and promoting voting rights and voter integrity. The committee has now spent over six months studying, drawing conclusions, and making recommendations that will hopefully make a lasting impact and help achieve that mission. This is just the beginning, but the committee is confident this report will provide the blueprint to avoid another election like 2020. The Republican Party must look ahead. The RNC and its leaders look forward to promoting the policies endorsed in this report nationwide and implementing the recommendations specific to the RNC in 2022 and beyond. States like Florida, Georgia, and Iowa are already adopting policies like those recommended in this report, and the committee hopes others follow their lead. It is clear that much of the work is already underway, and the RNC will do its part to continue them ission to ensure all Americans have confidence that our elections are secure and transparent.
IMPORTANT NOTE: From rampant voter fraud, to Google inducing 6 million “undecided” voters to support Joe Biden, to social media and news organizations and the “deep state” working together to suppress damning revelations about Biden family corruption just before the election, to the Democrat-Media Complex’s underlying message that election fraud is not just morally permissible, but morally ESSENTIAL, because “Trump is another Hitler,” the latest issue of Whistleblower magazine presents a powerful and groundbreaking case that the November 2020 presidential election was the most corrupt in generations. The issue is titled “YES, THE 2020 ELECTION WAS STOLEN: How Big Tech, Big Media, lying Democrats, deep staters and vote fraudsters cheated Trump – and America.”
“YES, THE 2020 ELECTION WAS STOLEN” is available both in Whistleblower’s much-loved print edition and in state-of-the-art digital form. Better yet, SUBSCRIBE TO WHISTLEBLOWER (print edition) and get 12 powerful issues plus three free gifts, or else get an ANNUAL DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION.
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
This article was originally published by the WND News Center.